Saturday

Poem by Jason Bornstein

It Happened

I saw a dream in a broken hedge
my mother, father, and siblings
All set out to judge
their lives like dinner plates.
Harmonious and inept,
empty
of feeling, except porcelain stricture.
Their goblets clanged, and gobs of thought
mushed through scraping intellects.
It was all so harried.
And I was there too being
eaten off of from behind
but when I broke
I was useless and so beautiful
with the others there as well.


by Jason Bornstein

Join the poets and poem enthusiasts every second Thursday of the month at Crackskulls for the Spoken Word poetry reading 7 to 8:45 p.m. The next poetry reading is July 9th. Browse the poetry books and sip a frappe and listen to local poets recite their poems. To read or just for more information contact Arlon.

No comments:

Weblog created and updated by Lorelei Chernyshov