Sunday

Poem by Poet Lindsey Coombs

Black Dog

Ode to Bubba

Black dog dares be my best friend.
I take him everywhere.
He does love people.
He loves to be wherever I am.

Black dog dares chase every stick.
He does love to play with all his toys.
He is crazy silly smart.
I love the way he plays.

Black dog dares use my hand.
I scratch his head, his back, his belly.
I take him on long walks.
He loves everything he sees. The world is his.

Black dog dares always wag his tail.
He loves when I come home. Cares when I cry.
I talk as though he understands.
He understands everything.

Black dog dares steal my heart.
I give it to him gladly to curl up with.
I do give him special touches.
He does love me. My heart is his.

by Lindsey Coombs

Click on Comments below to leave a response and view other responses.

Click on any subject label below this post to view all entries. Also note the Subject Label section located on the right column of this blog to find other subject labels.

1 comment:

Abagale said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://smallpet.info

Weblog created and updated by Lorelei Chernyshov